Stratford Homes is an industry leader in custom modular home building with a reputation throughout the Midwest of unmatched quality since 1973.
- Provide leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accidents; to include conducting risk assessments, investigating accidents and near misses.
- Ensure that the workplace is monitored and is in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards, rules and regulations.
- Continually work to improve the safety culture and implement new programs to meet those goals.
- Manage workman compensation first report of injuries, claims, appointments, missed time, light duty offers and provide consistent analytical reporting.
- Develop, maintain and communicate Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Continually work toward making the experience Mod and DART (days away restricted or transferred) rates less.
- Conduct/organize production and safety training for employees as required, including first aid, fire safety, emergency response and relevant equipment.
- Continually research methods and techniques in the workplace and remain up-to-date on developments within the industry and competitors.
- Develop training schedule with the hiring and training demands using teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials and reference works.
- Conduct regular meetings with senior management to identify subjects to be addressed or areas in need of additional instruction. Prepare subject material and ensure a detailed understanding of training subjects and processes.
- Exceptional computer (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point), verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to train, influence and motivate team members
- Ability in producing reports and developing relevant policies
- Good knowledge of data analysis and risk assessment
- Strong work ethic with positive and professional attitude
Office - This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Plant - While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, flying debris, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employees will be required to wear and use appropriate personal protection equipment such as safety glasses, ear plugs, steel toe boots, knee pads, dust mask, and gloves etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to kneel, squat, stoop, twist, etc. The employee occasionally works with arms extended and raised, frequently walks along rafters and climbs ladders. Occasionally the employee will lift and carry heavy loads.
The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and eye-hand coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The job requires long periods of standing while teaching a class. The employee is regularly required to talk and hear.
Required Education and Experience
• Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience
• Associates Degree or related experience/training
• Experience working in general industry or residential home construction
• Completion of OSHA 10/30 training
• Knowledge of OSHA standards with regard to Construction and General Industry
Stratford Homes LP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender, identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age or any other characteristic protected by law.