Competencies:Adequate knowledge of smart phone, office equipment and computer. Must have knowledge and experience in all phases of home construction. Organization skills and record keeping is imperative. Willing to travel to job sites to visually inspect reported items. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays. Ability to effectively multi-task while analyzing and solving problems. Able to work in a team environment. Strong working knowledge of job safety as well as ability to complete safety orientation. Work Environment:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally, while working inside the plant building, exposed to fumes or airborne particles, flying debris, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employees will be required to wear and use appropriate personal protection equipment such as safety glasses, ear plugs, safety toe boots, dust masks, and gloves etc.Physical Demands:The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction; including listening effectively to customer’s concerns and resolving any conflicts with customers.
- Coordinate service work by contacting customers and making arrangements to access their home.
- Document service van maintenance and schedule oil changes and other mileage driven maintenance requirements.
- Compile on a weekly basis, a list of material taken for service purposes or to inventory service van and submit to the Service Manager.
- Document and log all work reported and performed. Grouping items in categories to explore and evaluate reoccurring or repetitive issues.
- Maintain high standards of craftsmanship in completion of each work task.
- Promote a safe work environment and adherence to safety rules and procedures.
- Assemble per home design and per appropriate building code requirements
- Assemble in a neat professional manner
- Operate drills, saws, hand, power and air tools in a safe manner.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, 40 plus hours per week.
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
Travel: Expected and required for this position.
Required Education and Experience
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a production/construction environment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Preferred Education and Experience
- Experience working in residential home/commercial construction
Other Duties: Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.