Applying for Job
Construction Field Technician
Summary of Position
Location: Stratford, WI
Status: Full Time Position
Stratford Homes has been the leader of highly customized modular homes since 1973 and is seeking self-motivated individual to join our team. The Construction Field Technician will complete all service request projects from start to finish, ensuring that schedules are followed and that Builders and homeowners are satisfied. As a Construction Field Tech, you will also assist in all aspects of modular home building in a manufacturing environment in departments such as rough framing, roofing, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, siding, flooring, trimming and detail finishing.Apply Today
Competencies•Adequate knowledge of smart phone, office equipment and computer.•Must have knowledge and experience in all phases of home construction•Organization skills and record keeping is imperative.•Willing to travel to job sites to visually inspect reported items.•Excellent verbal and written communication skills.•Ability to make intelligent and quick decisions, working well under pressure, and when faced with unexpected occurrences or delays.•Ability to effectively multi-task while analyzing and solving problems.•Able to work in a team environment•Strong working knowledge of job safety as well as ability to complete safety orientation.Work EnvironmentWhile performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, flying debris, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The noise level in the work environment can be loud. Employees will be required to wear and use appropriate personal protection equipment such as safety glasses, ear plugs, safety toe boots, dust masks, and gloves etc.Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction; including listening effectively to customer’s concerns and resolving any conflicts with customers.
- Coordinate service work by contacting homeowners and making arrangements to access their home.
- Document service van maintenance and schedule oil changes and other mileage driven maintenance requirements.
- Compile on a weekly bases, a list of material taken for service/warranty purposes or to inventory service van and submit to the Service Manager.
- Document and log all work reported and performed. Group items in categories to explore and evaluate reoccurring or repetitive issues.
- Maintain high standards of craftsmanship in completion of each work task.
- Promote a safe work environment and adherence to safety rules and procedures.
- Assemble per home design and per appropriate building code requirements
- Assemble in a neat professional manner
- Operate drills, saws, hand, power and air tools in a safe manner.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position, 40+ hours per week.
Days and hours of work are typically Monday through Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Travel requirements: Travel is expected for this position.
Required Education and Experience:
- Graduation from high school or GED equivalent
- 5 years of experience in a production/construction environment
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Experience working in residential home/commercial construction